This is one of the recipes I am most regularly asked for. For so long I just threw ingredients in a bowl and called it my ‘miso paste,’ but eventually I had to start measuring what I did, so I could share it with my friends. After undergoing rigorous testing by the biggest food critics (my housemates), I think I have finally found the perfect combination.
Try it in my Poke Bowl.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 thumb sized chunk of ginger
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp miso paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Slice the aubergines in half, lengthways
- Make a criss-cross pattern on the aubergines, cover in a little oil and place flesh-side down on a lined baking tray
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender
- While the aubergines bake, mix together your miso paste, fresh ginger and garlic (grated), soy sauce, honey and vinegar and set aside
- Once the aubergine is ready, turn flesh-side up and cover in the miso sauce, then place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes until absorbed and the aubergine is fully cooked through
Game changer: top your aubergine with sesame seeds and spring onion.